still trying to convert avi xdiv to divx problem.

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

auto78900
Amateur
Amateur

still trying to convert avi xdiv to divx problem.

Post by auto78900 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:41 am

The solution posted was

-- Backend = VFW Encoder
> backend configuration (Video Encoders > VFW Encoder)
- VFW Codec file = divx.dll
It work with DivX 4 & 5, but not 6*.
Not need install DivX 5. Just download divx.dll and copy to /Program Files/MediaCoder/codecs.

*When use divx.dll from DivX 6 - MEncoder 'tell' "Compressor doesn't have a configure dialog!".
-----------------------------------
It still is not working for me, I keep getting errors, it would be nice if someone could post very detailed solution including screen shots of mediacoder and VFW Encoder settings !
Also I do not see the option of telling MEncoder that "Compressor doesn't have a configure dialog!"
I get are 3 main errors -
1.- mediacoder does mp4 format instead avi
2.- wrong parameters
3.- MEncoder error

ladycoder
Expert
Expert

Post by ladycoder » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:49 pm

"Compressor doesn't have a configure dialog!". means that Divx6 does not have a configure pop-up window that the encoder can use like 4 and 5 so you must get divx.dll from a Divx4 or Divx5 install.

Google for just the dll file of DIVX5 and put in codec folder.

In settings-video encoders-VFW Encoder-VFW Codec File-browse to the codec folder.

Container is set to AVI.

glocal
Beginner
Beginner

Post by glocal » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:43 am

What am I missing here? I downloaded divx.dll v5.1.1.1031 into "C:\Program Files\MediaCoder\codecs", changed settings-video encoders-VFW Encoder-VFW Codec File to "C:\Program Files\MediaCoder\codecs\divx.dll" and when nothing happened to just "divx.dll". Even restarted several times just in case. I also changed Video | Backend in the main window to VFW Encoder. Whatever I do, I don't see anything new or relevant under Video | Format (the container is always set to AVI), unless DV Video is the right setting (doubtful). This setting always defaults to xvid. Is the format setting irrelevant when you select VFW Encoder for Backend?

BTW, does mediacoder integrate srt subtitles into the AVI? ie so that there won't be a need for the separate srt file anymore?

Thanks.

Placio74
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Placio74 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:18 am

What's used MediaCoder build?
Placio74 wrote:...
But... it's not work in 'few' latest MediaCoder builds. Bug?
Work in 0.6.0 3998 build and some older.
Still actual.

glocal
Beginner
Beginner

Post by glocal » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:42 am

v0.6.0 build 3905. so is this a bug? how is this supposed to work normally?

Placio74
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Placio74 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:24 pm

glocal wrote:v0.6.0 build 3905. ....
Hmm...
I'm check while ago... and not have problems with VfW Encoder in this build.
glocal wrote:...
BTW, does mediacoder integrate srt subtitles into the AVI? ...
Not.

Aha! I'm see... :!:
glocal wrote:... changed settings-video encoders-VFW Encoder-VFW Codec File to "C:\Program Files\MediaCoder\codecs\divx.dll" .....
Sorry, it's wrong.
MEncoder 'say' (console window): "error parsing command line".
Just type codec library name without path: divx.dll

ladycoder
Expert
Expert

Post by ladycoder » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:39 pm

If you have DivX 6 installed, MC may be looking in the System32 folder, instead. Leave Format as XviD and Container as AVI.

glocal
Beginner
Beginner

Post by glocal » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Placio74 wrote:
glocal wrote:...
BTW, does mediacoder integrate srt subtitles into the AVI? ...
Not.
so what does the subtitles tab do then? I thought this meant you supply the subtitles file and mediacoder inserts into the avi.
Placio74 wrote: Aha! I'm see... :!:
glocal wrote:... changed settings-video encoders-VFW Encoder-VFW Codec File to "C:\Program Files\MediaCoder\codecs\divx.dll" .....
Sorry, it's wrong.
MEncoder 'say' (console window): "error parsing command line".
Just type codec library name without path: divx.dll
ok I did that but still nothing. How do you get the divx properties window? i also see from your screenshot that xvid still shows in the format field. Is this overridden by the Backend setting? in the meanwhile i upgraded to v0.6.1.4095. The only difference I see is that Backend now is shown as Encoder.

Placio74
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Placio74 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:00 pm

ladycoder wrote:If you have DivX 6 installed, MC may be looking in the System32 folder, instead. ...
MEncoder search codec library first in codecs subfolder - if not find then system32.

With path, MEncoder 'say':
"Option xvfwopts: Unknown suboption \program files\mediacoder\codecs\divx.dll"
and of course
"error parsing command line"

BTW
I'm have installed DivX 6.
glocal wrote: so what does the subtitles tab do then? I thought this meant you supply the subtitles file and mediacoder inserts into the avi. ...
MediaCoder (MEncoder) can add subtitles to video image, but not as stream to AVI container.
glocal wrote:... i also see from your screenshot that xvid still shows in the format field. Is this overridden by the Backend setting? ...
Yes.
glocal wrote:... in the meanwhile i upgraded to v0.6.1.4095. ....
VfW Encoder not worked in this build.
Last edited by Placio74 on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glocal
Beginner
Beginner

Post by glocal » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:06 pm

ladycoder wrote:If you have DivX 6 installed, MC may be looking in the System32 folder, instead. Leave Format as XviD and Container as AVI.
I had v6 installed in system32, so I renamed it to disable it, tried again but nothing. I can't figure out how to get to the divx properties window showing in the screenshot above and if I try to encode I get a message saying something like incorrect parameters for Mencoder. The selected encoder in Backend/Encoder is definitely VFW Encoder, so I don't see what Mencoder has to do with this.

So, xvid and avi remain as they are. That's very confusing because the status bar and summary still claim the output will be xvid. also, on the right there is no tab for VFW Encoder (next to the tabs for MEncoder, FFmpeg etc.