18GB WMV to H.264 = No file outputed

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Mythy
Beginner
Beginner

18GB WMV to H.264 = No file outputed

Post by Mythy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:26 am

Well I have tried to re encode 18GB worth of smaller WMV files into 1 LARGE H.264 file Every thing was going fine the encoding took 7 1/2 hours but after it was done with that step it started to join the streams (I guess thats what it does ) any way it got near the end (26GB file outputted already) and it fails.

I was just wondering if what I'm trying to do is not possible or if it should work?

waiting for 8 hours to retry isn't really a much of a option :lol:

SirAuron
Expert
Expert

Post by SirAuron » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:34 am

Do you have enough space on your hd and enough free memory (I merged very large files before and it ate all of my ram resulting in a system freeze)?

Aside from that some time ago many people had problems with big input/output files but I haven't tried since.
MediaCoder settings:

x264 (backend/source: mencoder, fps: 23,976, Fabio Sonatti's settings) + nero aac 64 in matroska

Mythy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Mythy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:15 pm

Well my system ram is 4GB my cpu is a Q6600 at 3.4GHz and my hard drives have plenty of space. I guess I'm just asking for too much here :lol: It was riiight at the end the console showed it was done muxing all the streams and every thing then it just fails :?

Oh and a quick bug note, I have the latest build and the 64Bit add on and the codec pack. If I go to advanced and change the H.264 settings the main program becomes unresponsive and I have to kill it in TM and the settings were never saved. I tried it many times happens every time. My OS is sadly Vista 64bit. (this never happened with out the 64 bit add on)