008 Error when converting video files

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

tomandbec
Beginner
Beginner

008 Error when converting video files

Post by tomandbec » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi there,
I am a new user to media coder. I am trying to convert either a dvd format or a '.vro' file (is that even supported?) that my new video camera creates to either avi or quicktime format.

I have read the things beginners need to read, but unfortunately i get the 008 error:
* Description: Incorrect audio format settings
* Possible causes:
o You may have chosen an audio format that is not supported by the active encoder backend or multiplexer.
* Solutions:
o Switch to another audio encoder (thus another audio format)
o Switch to another container format

When I enter in an folder (ie the video_ts) folder it recognises the VOB files (ie the chapters in my dvd), and i choose format=xvid, container=AVI, in the video section. The audio section is greyed out, except for 'enable audio'. I get the error when i have that checked or not. I am able to select different audio options before I enter in my video directory but that's not much use as i don't know what i should be selecting to compliment AVI.

Any thoughts as to what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.. Bec

tomandbec
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tomandbec » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi there, thanks for the fast reply.

I actually wasn't using those instructions but I was using the instructions formt he 'read this first' post. I was choosing 'add a folder' instead of adding a track.

When i choose add a track it appears in the left hand window as a dvd track, however nothing appears in the properties and it won't play, when i start the transcoding it crashes media coder with a 'send error report message'.

When i choose add a folder, it at least comes up with a property item for each of the chapters on the dvd. This is when i get the 008 error.

I choose both xvid and AVI but still get no option to change the audio settings.

I wanted to be able to play the movie files on my pc here, but also on my mac that's hooked up to the tv. I'm considering buying the quicktime plugin that allows you to play mpg and vro files in quicktime, if this doesn't work for me .. so no real dramas if the problem can't be solved. Thanks for your ideas though.

Bec