Weird problems with Mediacoder

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

kyouta
Amateur
Amateur

Weird problems with Mediacoder

Post by kyouta » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:43 pm

Hi guys, I have been using version 0.5.1 all this while mainly for converting and splitting videos with no problems, but somehow i gave the newest build a try and have been running into many problems.

My previous settings of converting my work videos to avi:
Audio - LAME MP3
Video - 2 Pass, bitrate to match original video, format Xvid and container AVI
Muxer - MENcoder

I have been using this settings all along on build 0.5.1 with no problems. Even my conversion of my old VCDs using the above settings has no problems. But when using the newest verion, it will prompt me saying the settings are not compatitable. Also, when i attempt to key in the time for video start and video end, the program keeps readjusting the time for me. Lastly, when i randomly twiddle with the settings to finally start encoding, the process takes very long (8 hours for a VCD to reach only 50% 2nd pass).

Anyone can help? I can always use back to previous version, but i hope to learn what's the issue in this.

Thanks you especially Stanley for the great program!

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:14 am

Please switch to 0.6 while 0.5 is no longer maintained.
When things work together, things work.

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:00 pm

Revert all settings through file menu. Use the settings like you did before. Make sure multiplexer under Muxer Tab is disable. Sometimes this solves the, "Settings are not compatible" error message from appearing.

When you enter a time in, make sure the file is selected in the filelist first. Otherwise, the values in that tab will revert back to zero.

Did you use MPEG Maker or Video Disc Player extension without tweaking the settings?

By the way, MEncoder is not a muxer. It's a video encoder backend.

kyouta
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kyouta » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:17 pm

BlinkN wrote:Revert all settings through file menu. Use the settings like you did before. Make sure multiplexer under Muxer Tab is disable. Sometimes this solves the, "Settings are not compatible" error message from appearing.

When you enter a time in, make sure the file is selected in the filelist first. Otherwise, the values in that tab will revert back to zero.

Did you use MPEG Maker or Video Disc Player extension without tweaking the settings?

By the way, MEncoder is not a muxer. It's a video encoder backend.
thanks BlinkN for the advice. I Disabled the Muxer but still receive the 'Current Settings not compatitable with split mode' error. I also did not use the devices extension at all.

here are some screenies

http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 505uv4.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 727jc4.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 582rt4.jpg

Thanks for the time!

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:39 pm

Can the default settings with join mode work? The join mode requires MEncoder to be either the video source or video encoder. You may need to disable auto select options sometimes.
When things work together, things work.

kyouta
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kyouta » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:35 am

stanley wrote:Can the default settings with join mode work? The join mode requires MEncoder to be either the video source or video encoder. You may need to disable auto select options sometimes.
ok i'll give it a try when i get back ^^

kyouta
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kyouta » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:31 am

i tried the Join mode, didnt work either >.< i uninstalled 0.6 and reverted back to 0.5.1 and the same settings worked without any hiccups ... really weird