MediaCoder Keeps Attempting to connect to the internet during Conversion process

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

dangerous3168850
Beginner
Beginner

MediaCoder Keeps Attempting to connect to the internet during Conversion process

Post by dangerous3168850 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:05 am

Hello All

thank you for your Time for viewing my problem

I'll make this short,
At random times during Conversion MediaCoder will interrupt and prevent process until it connects to the internet for what ever reason. I have even left the internet on throughout the conversion for the only purpose that it keeps asking for it. And even when the internet is on it wont do anything more other then ask that it needs to connect to the internet!. But it right there for you!

Worst still it will stop and terminate there. This is only a new thing and it never use to do this before.
Yes I have uninstalled it and reinstalled but it keeps happening at random times. I have fiddled about with the settings but I cant see anything that will turn this need for the internet off.

I've included a screenshot below I took with the Dos Console open, honestly I'm not sure what I'm looking at but it seems like valuable information into why its doing what its doing.

Any information would be Appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pzy5p7 ... sp=sharing

Thank you
and WOW what brilliant software.
Simon

takahashi3
Beginner
Beginner

Re: MediaCoder Keeps Attempting to connect to the internet during Conversion process

Post by takahashi3 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:51 am

(I am writing this using Google Translate because I can not use English well. I would be happy if this information helped you.)

I also had a similar experience with you. I solved it by setting the PC as follows.

1. Right click "Mediacoder.exe" in the "Program Files> MediaCoder" folder on your PC and open its properties.
2. Please check "Run this program as administrator" in the "Compatibility" tab.
3. Please also check "Run this program as an administrator" in a separate window that is displayed by pressing the "Change all user settings" button.

(3. may not be necessary)

In my case, starting MediaCoder as "Administrator" user did not cause problems. So I searched BBS ("2 ch") and found the above solution.

takahashi3
Beginner
Beginner

Re: MediaCoder Keeps Attempting to connect to the internet during Conversion process

Post by takahashi3 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:16 am

If you do not use Microsoft IE & Edge usually, I suggest you that please check these operation.
(Maybe IE/Edge can not open any HP. And you will need clear IE/Edge's cache and settings.)

I think that MediaCoder will use IE(and Edge) engine for connect Mediacoder's server and display popup info.
(I'm using Firefox and Chrome, so I did not notice about it.)

Thanks all.
Takahashi

takahashi3
Beginner
Beginner

Post by takahashi3 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:04 am

I encourage you to verify that the IE and Edge are working properly on the account you are logged into. MediaCoder seems to use IE or Edge as part of user interface. Therefore, if IE and Edge are not working properly, there seems to be a problem when MediaCoder accesses the network.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:24 am

I can confirm you that MediaCoder does NOT attempt to connect internet DURING transcoding. It does so on job start for validating MediaCoder Pass some users have.
When things work together, things work.