subtitles font size & outline - one solution

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

niwi
Beginner
Beginner

subtitles font size & outline - one solution

Post by niwi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:43 am

I use the default render for subtitle and I've seen some people complaining about fixed font size and outline, no matter how hard you try to change them.

I had the same problem (I use mediacoder x64 portable version) and I saw some solutions but none of them worked for me.

I discover one solution that worked, but I've not seen this solution on this forum.

Maybe this solution helps some people. The solution that I found is pretty simple:

Place any acceptable value in the field subtitle font file (subtitle tab -> button mode).

This field could have any acceptable value (including the number 0). But if this field has no value, I can not change the subtitle font size and outline.

This "problem" happens because this field is blank by default after mediacoder installation (at least in mediacoder x64 portable version).

I dont know if this is a bug.

Only developers know.

By the way, does anyone know how to change the subtitle color (to yellow, for example) using the vobsub render? (according to the tips and guides section, I think it is not possible to change it using the default render)