Changing container QT->MP4 Output SIze: 0Kb

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Lego
Beginner
Beginner

Changing container QT->MP4 Output SIze: 0Kb

Post by Lego » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:40 am

Hello everyone!

I have a Quicktime H264/PCM movie I need to take out of that container and make a MKV or MP4 file, without recompressing.

I open the .mov file in MediaCoder and it plays OK.

Then I set video and Audio to "COPY", Container to MKV, muxer Auto (ffmpeg).
(Hey Is it normal that the codec selection is still enabled when I choose Copy video?)

And then, when I start the process, I inmediatley get a 1 KB MKV file. Some other times I wait for preprocessing and then, 1KB file.

I've tried with different muxers and tweaking some settings, with some configurations I have a "Preprocessing" task, but after that, again I get a null 1KB file.

And I've tried with MP4 Contained export too, encoding the PCM audio to AAC, with the same 0 MB result.

Now I'm trying jut to demux the h264 stream to a separate file, to get it into Avidemux or MKVtoolnix and create the files from there using a separate wav audio file I have, but when demuxing in MediaCoder have got an invalid stream (VLC can't read it).

... so I'm definitively lost... and I NEED to have a playable file in MP4 or MKV for a premiere on saturday.

More Info: The original MOV file is rendered by Davinci Resolve Studio 12, with 40000Kbs limit, and weighs 21 GB.

Befor downloading and using MediaCoder I tried with Avidemuz and MKVtoolnix.

I don't know why Avidemux can't read this mov file by Davinci but can reaf and handle Quictime/h264 equivalent files redered by Adobe Premiere CC. There might be something wrong.

MKVtoolniz apparently does the job and translates the file to MKV, but the output file has different video problems, missing frames, or random full screen grey color flashes.

I'm in one of those **** situatios when every piece of software you know is behavin weird, and the new one (MediaCoder) seems too tricky to give me results without torture...

It seems I'm missing something very, very basic. (I hope)

Any help? Thanks in advance.