Soft subtitles

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

naccenti
Beginner
Beginner

Soft subtitles

Post by naccenti » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:24 pm

I'm trying to mux soft subtitles from an .srt files into an mkv container. HEVC video and opus audio in case it matters.

Mediacoder automatically identifies the .srt file with the same filename, but with subtitle mode set to stream copy, it does not mux in subtitles.

Also, the arithmetic exercise feature is annoying. Been solving those nonstop for the last 8 hours. While it does give a quirky and eccentric feel to the software, it feels unnecessary. However, I've been having problems getting an ffmpeg toolchain to play nice with NVEnc, so this hassle might be worth it.

Risecatapa
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Soft subtitles

Post by Risecatapa » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm

hi,sir, i encountered the similar problem ,normal subtitles, shown in MKV, MP4, AVI and other video file formats, actually exist in different types, thus different methods should be used. i used a program android avi http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/ti ... droid.html to remove subtitle, Import videos by pressing "Add Files" or drag the video into software, then choose the “T” mark.Choose the “Disabled” option in the drop-down window to hide the subtitle.just simple steps, you can finish it. :lol: