FFMPEG Extra Options (Prefix -hwaccel)

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

VillainGuy
Beginner
Beginner

FFMPEG Extra Options (Prefix -hwaccel)

Post by VillainGuy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:06 am

Hey everyone!

So I've spent a good amount of hours trying to figure this out, but I'm not having any luck.
Essentially all I want is for MediaCoder either using FFMPEG as Source or MEncoder as Source to be able to prefix the FFMPEG command with -hwaccel DXVA2.

The problem currently is that if I use the "Extra Options" within Advanced Options, it adds "-hwaccel DXVA2" but in the wrong place (after the INPUT instead of before). This causes the decode to fail because FFMPEG requires -hwaccel to be before any input, but I can't seem to find anything in configs or presets that would allow me to do this. I even tried changing the locale of FFMPEG to \codecs64\ffmpeg.exe -hwaccel DXVA2, but that didn't work at all.

The end goal is that I'm using NVENC to encode in H265, and I want to cut down on CPU usage on the decoding portion of the process. If it helps I am encoding to H265 in an MP4 wrapper from H264 in an M2TS wrapper.

Please help if you can! Thanks in advance!

CyberTod
Beginner
Beginner

Re: FFMPEG Extra Options (Prefix -hwaccel)

Post by CyberTod » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:27 pm

I am trying to do the same thing for the same reason, but have the same problem too.
Can we somehow pass these parameteres before anything else or add a checkmark in the decoder options to include that parameter ?