Output size 0MB???

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

stholt5233
Beginner
Beginner

Output size 0MB???

Postby stholt5233 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:13 pm

I'm new to mediacoder, but not new to encoding, decided to try mediacoder for the NVENC implementation with x265. I have tried multiple video files, multiple settings, and multiple encoders(nvenc, cuda, x265, x264) but I always get an output size of 0MB. I do not receive any error codes, it says the encode completed successfully, the file is created, but it is 0MB. I have the newest version available, downloaded it yesterday from here.

Any thoughts?
stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Output size 0MB???

Postby stanley » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:11 pm

Have you tried with input files of different formats?
When things work together, things work.
netracerx
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Output size 0MB???

Postby netracerx » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:25 am

I know this post is old, but it's the only one that I could find that addresses my issue. I've tried encoding to mp4, m4v and mkv formats from mp4, mov, wmv and still get a 0MB output file. It may be coincidental, but it started after trying to encode using the Segmental Video Encoding option, which failed to work. I am using version 0.8.49, encoding with the NVENC encoder encoding to H.265 video, stream copying audio (AAC). What other information can I provide? Is there a set limit of encodings that MediaCoder Free can do before you're forced to buy or donate? I noticed that I no longer get the donation screen either, which has me solve a math problem to continue encoding, is that relevant? Thanks for the assistance.

Return to “Generic Discussions”