Output size 0MB???

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

stholt5233
Beginner
Beginner

Output size 0MB???

Post by stholt5233 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:13 pm

I'm new to mediacoder, but not new to encoding, decided to try mediacoder for the NVENC implementation with x265. I have tried multiple video files, multiple settings, and multiple encoders(nvenc, cuda, x265, x264) but I always get an output size of 0MB. I do not receive any error codes, it says the encode completed successfully, the file is created, but it is 0MB. I have the newest version available, downloaded it yesterday from here.

Any thoughts?

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Output size 0MB???

Post by stanley » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:11 pm

Have you tried with input files of different formats?
When things work together, things work.

netracerx
Beginner
Beginner

Post by netracerx » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:25 am

I know this post is old, but it's the only one that I could find that addresses my issue. I've tried encoding to mp4, m4v and mkv formats from mp4, mov, wmv and still get a 0MB output file. It may be coincidental, but it started after trying to encode using the Segmental Video Encoding option, which failed to work. I am using version 0.8.49, encoding with the NVENC encoder encoding to H.265 video, stream copying audio (AAC). What other information can I provide? Is there a set limit of encodings that MediaCoder Free can do before you're forced to buy or donate? I noticed that I no longer get the donation screen either, which has me solve a math problem to continue encoding, is that relevant? Thanks for the assistance.

SolarAlya
Beginner
Beginner

Post by SolarAlya » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:52 am

Same problem here!

At certain point it just stopped working. With the same message - 0 MB.

Amazingly - it DOES create file in the temp path! This is some abracadabra.264 and it is supposed to be removed after copying into the destination path. It is erased, but not muxed into the target file! I tried different muxers and formats - same result.

But this only happens to NVidia CUDA or NVENC. Intel creates the target in the final path, no temps.

I am not sure if I used segmental encoding. I do not exclude such possibility by mistake. But now it is disabled but it behaves like there is only one segment created in the temp directory. It does not work with single segment, hence might be the error.

The problem is that even when re-installed, this error persists!

HELP somebody, I cannot use my NVidia any more!!!

Alex3676
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Alex3676 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:19 am

Set up a decoder that matches the container. The font change to ffmpeg and keep it turned on. Leave Remux enabled which also has to be compatible with the container. Make sure the task mode is set to "Normal".

Last but not least, if you opted for lossless output, keep profile and level in auto. https://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopi ... 406#p41406