Can't encode, when I try to resize

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

ngc598
Beginner
Beginner

Can't encode, when I try to resize

Post by ngc598 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:52 am

I'm using build 5782, then 5800 on win7 and 5790 on Vista.

My task was resizing some movie files and transcoding from asp/mp3 to avc/aac in a matroska container. It worked fine until a few days ago. Since then I fail on my win7 machine whatever settings I try. I removed the program (build 5782) and reinstalled it, then uninstalled it and made a full install of build 5800, uninstall - reinstall etc... - it didn't work either. When I try to play the file which I want to transcode, it quits after less than a second. If I try 'play original' it does it's job. Some settings obiously cause transcoding just the audio track, some settings trancode both audio and video, but less than a second (usually around 860ms). When I try to select a junk of the input file in the 'time' section of the settings it will only replay if I'm not resizing, otherwise it quits after less than a second.

I would assume that I'm doing something wrong with the settings, but on my Vista machine it works fine whatever settings I use (compared at least a dozen times with the other machine), including cropping, aspect ratio change, everything works the way I choose in the settings, but on my win7 machine it does no job, if I make a resize.

Any idea how to solve the issue?

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't encode, when I try to resize

Post by stanley » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:20 pm

We are not able to solve issues of an out-dated version. Please upgrade to latest version.
When things work together, things work.