NVENC and version ending in 5757

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

dcbdbis
Beginner
Beginner

NVENC and version ending in 5757

Post by dcbdbis » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Good Evening All,

I have a library of videos I have collected for the last 20 years...1.5 TB's worth.I also have a 42" TV using the HDMI port for display. I need to upscale them and sharpen them.

Sys = Gigabyte GA 990XA-UD3. AMD Piledriver FX-8350, NVidia GTX-660, 32 GB of ram, and 7Tb of available storage. Win 10 Pro x64, Clean Install, not upgraded...Just moved from FreeBSD since I have retired. W'10 better fits my needs now as a retiree over a Sys Admin. Most recent video driver downloaded from NVidia. 355.60

I have downloaded MediaCoder and about 10 other trans coders and auditioned them...Including Lightworks. Lightworks is hamstrung in the free version for my target res I am going for. Of all the transcoders, Mediacoder is giving me the best output. The output is quite satisfactory for me.

I want to purchase the paid version, but I have some issues I need resolve before I lay down $150.00.

I will appreciate any help anyone can provide.

a) NVENC croaks with an invalid color issue when I attempt to use it. I have tried all available color profiles and all return the same error. Neither can I download the patch for NVENC5. Both links are dead and have been for the last three days.

b) I am a retired sys admin, not a versed in all the video terms. Once I get NVENC Working, then I will purchase the $150 version, and start upgrading my videos as appropriate. I will need someone to assist me in adjusting the settings so I can obtain the highest quality out. I am not interested in speed, but quality. The contents of my preset is listed below.

Again, any assistance will be appreciated!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave

//----------------------------Begin Pasted data
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MediaCoderPrefs><node key="overall.task.destdir">f:\Transcoded MediaFiles\</node><node key="overall.audio.copy">true</node><node key="overall.video.csp">YV12</node><node key="overall.video.mode">3-Pass</node><node key="overall.video.bitrate">4000</node><node key="overall.video.quality">10</node><node key="overall.video.bitrateRatio">100</node><node key="overall.video.multiPassCrf">true</node><node key="overall.video.encoder">NVENC</node><node key="overall.preview.mode">Off</node><node key="videoenc.x264.profile">High10</node><node key="videoenc.x264.level">51</node><node key="videoenc.x264.preset">Very Slow</node><node key="videoenc.x264.tune">Film</node><node key="videoenc.cuda264.profile">High</node><node key="videoenc.cuda264.level">51</node><node key="videoenc.cuda264.preset">HD1440</node><node key="videoenc.cuda264.offload">Full</node><node key="videoenc.nvenc.preset">Lossless</node><node key="videoenc.intel.quality">Quality</node><node key="videoenc.intel.profile">High</node><node key="videofilter.generic.applicator">Encoder</node><node key="videofilter.scale.enabled">true</node><node key="videofilter.scale.width">1275</node><node key="videofilter.scale.height">956</node><node key="videofilter.scale.adjust">Width</node><node key="videofilter.scale.algorithm">Bicubic</node><node key="videofilter.deint.mcmode">Extra slow</node><node key="videofilter.denoise.mode">HQ 3D</node><node key="videofilter.unsharp.mode">Sharpen</node></MediaCoderPrefs>
//----------------End Paste

hstorey219
Beginner
Beginner

Re: NVENC and version ending in 5757

Post by hstorey219 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:27 am

Same here, would pay the 150.00 if assist me with best settings.