Monsters inc / university

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

nodiaque
Amateur
Amateur

Monsters inc / university

Post by nodiaque » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:52 am

Hello everyone,

I'm having a hard time making a compress version of my monsters inc and monsters university bluray to add into my htpc.

I have a working preset that take a mkv, compress the video, don't touch the audio (direct copy) then save it as mkv. I've backup more then 200 BD with that settings, including other disney movie and animation.

What I do is use any dvd hd for copy protection removal, then use makemkv to dump a "raw" mkv. Then, with mediacoder, I encode the video.

But for monsters inc and monsters university, after 6 hours and no errors, all I get is a file of 3gb (normally 5 to 10) with nothing in it. If I try to run it, there's no movie; it's like if only the audio was there with no time data, thus not playing.

Is there a protection in the movie that makemkv would have copied over just for these two?

Thanks

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Re: Monsters inc / university

Post by meRobs » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:19 pm

nodiaque wrote:Is there a protection in the movie that makemkv would have copied over just for these two? Thanks
Highly unlikely.

If the problem arises from MediaCoder, we cannot make suggestions until you tell us the build number, eg, build 5582.
We would also need the settings on the main tabs, such as those given in the Encoding Guide (listed under Tips & Guides, below).

Actually, you could solve your isssue most quickly by trying one of the settings in that Guide, exactly as described, and then changing each parameter, one at a time, until you either have a problem or it gives a satisfatcory outcome.
Good luck..
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

nodiaque
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Monsters inc / university

Post by nodiaque » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:40 am

Well, I just tried something. Took the video and put it on Constant CQ, 20, h.264 x264. Removed the audio and encode. Both movie encode for 20 min and 30 sec. After that, it stopped. Checked the original file and it's perfect, can play from start to end without a itch. Weird that both movie stop after 20 min and 30 sec exactly.

Tried with handbrake, samething.

Edit: I'm wondering if it have something to do with cinavia? I'm reading that cinavia cut the sound after 20 min or so of playing. could that prevent the compression to occur?