No drag and drop for X64

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

ZippyDSMlee
Amateur
Amateur

No drag and drop for X64

Post by ZippyDSMlee » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:42 am

I have tried 5 different every 3 versions going backward.
Its really driving me batty and I can not figure out what is causing it.

Went back to x86 and its working fine.

My OS is win8.

flagpole
Modest
Modest

Re: No drag and drop for X64

Post by flagpole » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:43 pm

this is an old bug. normally once you add a file the long way it then restores the drag and drop function.
my quant puzzles http://puzzles.nigelcoldwell.co.uk go look :)

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Post by meRobs » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:17 pm

I dont have Win8 (I use Win7) but I have always been able to Drag/drop in x64 builds up to and including build 5350.
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

ZippyDSMlee
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ZippyDSMlee » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:02 am

flagpole wrote:this is an old bug. normally once you add a file the long way it then restores the drag and drop function.
I add file , can drag and drop when in add mode but nothing changes after loading and converting my files it still wil not drag and drop.
meRobs wrote:I dont have Win8 (I use Win7) but I have always been able to Drag/drop in x64 builds up to and including build 5350.
I also had it in win7 but it was one fresh reinstall a few reinstalls back

MrElectron
Beginner
Beginner

Post by MrElectron » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:55 am

I have just discovered a clue to help debug this and to provide a workaround to those who need it.

If you start MediaCoder x64 in an elevated mode (Run as Administrator) then drag and drop fails. If you don't run MediaCoder x64 in the elevated mode, then Drag and drop works just fine.

MrElectron

nmatos
Amateur
Amateur

Post by nmatos » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:21 pm

After installing Windows 10 I got the same problem. But the solution bellow didn't work for me. What have worked was: I moved the folder Mediacoder to another location diferent from the default (I mean, program files). And it worked like a charm.
If you have the same problem like mine... maybe it will help you.
MrElectron wrote:I have just discovered a clue to help debug this and to provide a workaround to those who need it.

If you start MediaCoder x64 in an elevated mode (Run as Administrator) then drag and drop fails. If you don't run MediaCoder x64 in the elevated mode, then Drag and drop works just fine.

MrElectron
[ ]'s Nelcir.