Converting for Zen V Plus

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Prophecy
Beginner
Beginner

Converting for Zen V Plus

Post by Prophecy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:55 pm

Can anyone help me on the settings to transfer movies to my Creative Zen V Plus? What settings do I need to put MediaCoder on?

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:22 pm

Can't help you out because I wasn't able to find decent video specification for that unit anywhere on the web including Creative's website. But I did find out that it's supports AVI files but doesn't specify what codecs it supports. Not only that, I think it only support short clips, not long clips.

Zen V Plus Specification

Prophecy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Prophecy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:26 pm

Actually I was able to put a full length movie onto it, Requiem for a Dream. It's in AVI format but I don't know what other information I can get from it. I used the Creative Video Converter too.

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:19 pm

Wasn't sure the unit could playback long clips. I was basing the information at Creative's website. If you want to retrieve the information for the video file that Creative Video Converter created, open MediaCoder. Import the clip into the program. Then go to Item Menu--->Details of Selected File. Copy the information you see in the window and paste the information here.

Another way you can retrieve the information for the video is by downloading GSpot Codec Information Appliance. This program is very detailed.