DVD to PSP

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

kgb
Beginner
Beginner

DVD to PSP

Post by kgb » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:52 am

Can anyone tell me how to encode my DVDs to my PSP. I have both PMP mods and the most up to date Version of MediaCoder. I do not have the 16:9 AVC Mpeg4 option displayed in the plugin and the error i get is MEncoder unloaded. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:10 am

Are you adding vob files and then doing the work? Always be sure if you can play your files in MediaCoder. If you just can't get it played, it means the file can't be decoded.
When things work together, things work.

kgb
Beginner
Beginner

Post by kgb » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:35 am

I cannot play any VOB files with media coder. I know they are valid because i just ripped them off the disk with DVD Decrypter. Should I try to encode the ISO file? Also why would it throw up the error MEncoder Unloaded? Also why would i not see the AVC selection in my options?
Thanks!

kgb
Beginner
Beginner

Post by kgb » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:23 am

So using the ISO i got the file to begin Transcoding. At 100% i get errored out the log says that MEncoder unloaded. What does this mean and how do i fix it?
Thanks

kgb
Beginner
Beginner

Post by kgb » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:14 am

bump

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:59 pm

DVD Decrypter is outdated with newer, copy protected DVDs that are out there. Try using another program called DVDFab Decrypter (can't provide the link to you, so do a google serach) to rip your DVDs. Try loading the video again through MediaCoder. If that doesn't work, try using AnyDVD or DVD43. These programs decrypt DVDs on-the-fly without ripping the VOB files to the hard drive. Run MediaCoder. Select Add Track through the toolbar. This will display the layout of the DVD. Select each track until you come across the one with the most chapters or the longest time length. If you're not sure about something look at Disc/Track information for some clue as to how the tracks are layed out. Once you find the right track, select the track and click add button. Click close. If you're still not sure if you've selected the right track, preview the video by clicking the Play button. Open Devices through the toolbar and click Plug-ins--->Game Console/PSP. Pick the profile you want to use for your PSP. Follow the direction on the screen and encode the video. Hopefully MEncoder won't screw up.

kgb
Beginner
Beginner

Post by kgb » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:04 am

every time i try anything with this PSP mod it comes up with either a MEncoder error or an FFMPEG error. Is there any resolution to this?