Capturing an online Audio file

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Greech
Beginner
Beginner

Capturing an online Audio file

Post by Greech » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:39 am

Hey folks,

Ok, so I've read through meRobs link (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9643), tried setting the audio to "Auto Select" (Did not actually find that, only found "Default", I also tried MEncoder as a choice which I saw mentioned), and FFMpeg as the audio encoder (Again, also tried LAME MP3, but did not make a difference).

The link is located here: mms://nilu.library.okstate.edu/WDB_024_audio_edit

If I hit the Play button on the Application, the MPlayer pops up, and the stream plays.

Once I hit the START button, I get a popup of "Failed to load Default Audio Source. This is possible tha thte decoder is absent or it doesn't support the specified file". For Note, I did do a search on the first sentence above as well within these forums looking for the answer.

I'm sure I am missing one of the multitudes of settings I can play with, just not sure which one.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Greech

AnonCrow
Modest
Modest

Re: Capturing an online Audio file

Post by AnonCrow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:40 am

mixer wrote:What I would do is use something like VLC for playback and then record at the same time using a different application
I'd use VLC for both - have VLC dump the audio as it is or transcode it, while playing it - although it may be a lot faster if you don't play it while encoding it.