MediaCoder minimized issues (solution)

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

kleps
Beginner
Beginner

MediaCoder minimized issues (solution)

Post by kleps » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:34 pm

just started using mediacoder, love what it can do. im getting a little frustrated at the moment. whats happening, and i cannot be the only person having this problem, is media coder, once its been minimized into my tray (windows 7 user here) alot of the time when i restore the window it loads onto the taskbar, but the program will not show itself. Im forced to close the program and restart it, the program hasn't frozen since conversions i have running at the time are still processing and they do finish. However recently after these happenings, when i restart the program, and even my computer, mediacoder opens up onto the taskbar but i cannot see the program, its not minimized and it should be in plain sight. If i re-install the program it fixes the problem temporarily until it happens again, and then i have to re-install all over again. Im walking on eggshells trying to not minimize the program anymore but yknow how it goes, old habits die hard. anybody know whats going on with this or how to fix this? ive tried every option available after right clicking mediacoder's icon, as well as every option available in the task manager.

ysbinns
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Help please - I'm frustrated

Post by ysbinns » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:53 am

Try this and see if it helps you. I had the same problem and I kept re-installing the program. This seemed to "fix" things but only for the first time I used it. I thought the program was real buggy until I noticed what was happening.

MediaCoder remembers what file was loaded the last time it was used. When you click on the taskbar icon to open the program it will rescan the last file and also the transcoded file. It does this so it can display all the properties in the properties window. This can take some time. Until it has scanned those last used files the program will not open up. This rescan can take several minutes. You can see this rescan delay when you finish a transcoding session and you have not minimized the program. When the Transcoding Completed window comes up and you click the OK button the Properties window goes blank. It stays blank until the program has finished scanning the completed transcoded file. Again maybe several minutes until this is done.

If you have the program minimized and you get the Transcoding Completed window then click OK. You can click on the program icon but it will not open. Patience is a necessity. WAIT !! Sooner or later the rescanning of the loaded file and transcoded file will complete and the program will then display itself. Before you minize the program again, or close it, REMOVE the loaded file so nothing shows in the task area or the Properties window. Now you should be able to minimize MediaCoder, click on the program icon, and it should display itself immediately.

I make it a habit to always remove the loaded task when I am done with a transcodeing job. Hope this might help you.

IsamuMinamoto
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Help please - I'm frustrated (MediaCoder minimized)

Post by IsamuMinamoto » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:31 pm

It must be a bug in MediaCoder...
I really often face this condition, and I'm frustrated too..
This is actually happened (according to my experience) when other app go fullscreen,
or when i minimized the interface window while having outside mode preview window.

Actually, you don't have to reinstall the software, these actions will do:
- Click "Show Interface" on the MC System tray Icon
- You will see a MC in your taskbar
- Right-click that task, and hit Maximized
- Now, you will see the MC window maximized,
blocking the console window and the statistic window
- Hit the Restore Down icon on the upperright corner of that window
- Now, the window will dissapear again.
- Right-click again on MC task in your taskbar and hit Move
- By using your keyboard, move it a little right and a little down
(You cannot do it with mouse, since the window still invincible)
- Right-click again on MC task in your taskbar and hit Size
- At this point, you will see a really tiny of the MC window, maybe just it icon
- By using your mouse, hover and drag the lowerright corner of the window,
and resize the window according to your need... and it's done

RRSilverShadow
Beginner
Beginner

Re: MediaCoder minimized issues (solution)

Post by RRSilverShadow » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:04 am

I am running on Windows 7 Professional and sometimes when I minimize MC to the system tray, I cannot restore it while it is converting videos. I get no response left or right clicking the MC icon. It is unresponsive. I checked the Task Manager and it is running, processing videos but will not respond and restore itself. It will restore when the program is done however. This does not happen every time I use MC but enough times that it is frustrating. Is there a fix for this problem? I am using the most recent version of MC.

HuggiL
Modest
Modest

Re: MediaCoder minimized issues (solution)

Post by HuggiL » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:08 pm

You can disable the "minimise to system tray" function so that it minimises just to your taskbar like a typical program. I've always done this and never had an issue with unresponsiveness.
Open "Settings > Overall > User Interface > Tray Icon Configuration" then choose the 'Disable Tray Icon' option.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Tips & Guides: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Older versions: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download