MediaCoder 5135 (mkv to mp4 with subs)

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Janz
Beginner
Beginner

MediaCoder 5135 (mkv to mp4 with subs)

Post by Janz » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Hello,

I've recently updated from the old (was it R2 5100?) to this one. Now, everything else is working like a charm and even the couple odd .mkv flicks that I couldn't convert earlier work now...

yes, here comes the BUT

subtitles ain't working at all when using any mkv file as a source, with default renderer setting. Vobsub setting does give subtitles, but they are stupidly small, and pretty much unreadable from tv (also a little note, the subtitles wont appear on the preview window with this setting). They don't seem to get any effect from the MC's subtitle settings either.

When using DIVX avi file as a source, subtitles work normally with the default setting. Any idea what could be the problem with .mkv files and subtitle settings? None of the files I tried have embedded subtitles either.

Janz
Beginner
Beginner

Re: MediaCoder x64 2011 R3 build 5135

Post by Janz » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Hello, I'm using these settings:

I also attempted to first convert the vids from mkv into mp4 with these settings (without subs, naturally, since they wont appear) and then try to do it again with subs, but no change. Can you help me? I'm completely lost without this great tool :( (Subtitles are 99% the reason I need and use it) I guess I could always go back to old version but this one also let me convert couple vids that kept always giving me errors during the encode, so I'd really like to get this one working with subs :)

nmatos
Amateur
Amateur

Re: MediaCoder x64 2011 R3 build 5135

Post by nmatos » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:36 am

I don't know if I culd help you, but... Have you check marked avisynth? It works for me. When the file is a MKV MediaCoder calls the VobSub automatically. It worked for me, I just finished to convert a MKV file right now. Of course I have the K-lite codec pack full installed, otherwise, I think, it wouldn't work.
I hope it works for you either.

[quote="
I also attempted to first convert the vids from mkv into mp4 with these settings (without subs, naturally, since they wont appear) and then try to do it again with subs, but no change. Can you help me? I'm completely lost without this great tool (Subtitles are 99% the reason I need and use it) I guess I could always go back to old version but this one also let me convert couple vids that kept always giving me errors during the encode, so I'd really like to get this one working with subs[/quote]
[ ]'s Nelcir.