issue: State is "done" after 0.1% (AVI to MP4/h.264)

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Foufoumoro
Beginner
Beginner

issue: State is "done" after 0.1% (AVI to MP4/h.264)

Post by Foufoumoro » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Ok I'm going to try to be as accurate as possible.

I get a video from a game, recorded with a full version of fraps.
I edit the video using Sony vegas Movie studioHD 10.0.

My goal is to have an ending video with a full 1920*1080 ratio, so a really good quality.

The video I get from Sony Vegas is an AVI file, 60+GB sized.

Now, I used to use staxrip to encode it and have a final size of ~400MB, but for some reason, I cant get staxrip to work now that I've a new computer....
So I downloaded Mediacoder to try to get the job done.

I use the following settings:
Format: H264
Encoder: Any of them
Source: Auto select.

And my problem is that using auto select or any of the encoders, I get this message:
"Transcoding completed.
1 file / 63650 MB have been transcoded into 0.1 MB
Total time elapsed: 20 seconds
Compression ratio: 477718.25:1"

The output video is MP4 video, 1.xx second long.
Why is that? why does it stop transconding after 0.1% ?!
I did set in the "time" menu start position : 0h0m0s and end position 0h7m31s as my video is 7m31s long...

Please help me, it's a shame in 2011 not to be able to transcode my video in an uploadable format :( :(

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Re: issue: State is "done" after 0.1% (AVI to MP4/h.264)

Post by meRobs » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:09 pm

First of all, see if MediaCoder can play ths file (hit the Play button). If it can't hten there is little chance it can be converted.

If it can play, try one of the suggestions in the Encoding Guide under Tips & Guides (link below).
If it works, change the Resize to 1920x1080 and try again.
Approach your requirement step by step.
Good luck.
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

TCman888
Amateur
Amateur

Re: issue: State is "done" after 0.1% (AVI to MP4/h.264)

Post by TCman888 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:12 am

Hi,

I suspect that SONY Vegas has done something to the video you have recorded with FRAPS. I just did a simple test with FRAPS and had made a video of 30 seconds from a game; FRAPS saved the video in its own fraps format in avi container. Then I just throw the recorded avi file in the Mediacoder RC3 5130 32bit, press start to encode and the video encode is successful - the test makes use of the same settings source+ encoder=auto, I have even tried using avisynth as the source, this video encode with avisynth as source is also successful. Furthermore I can playback the original unedited avi video that's created by the FRAPS tool in Mediacoder itself, so you should be able convert the FRAPS video to the format you choose (H.264 in mp4 container).

What you can try is:
- reinstall Mediacoder, update to the newest version; uninstall the current version first, then use CCleaner to clean the windows reg, restart and install the last version of Mediacoder; sometimes you need to do that, reverting to the default settings would not help;
- record a 30 seconds from the game you used earlier and save that video, then try to encode the avi video with Mediacoder without editing with SONY Vegas. See if it works now. If it works then SONY Vegas has done something to the videofile during the edit so you can't use Mediacoder to convert it.

Hope this works for you.

Good luck!