Help: MPEG4 in MP4

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Frisbee
Amateur
Amateur

Help: MPEG4 in MP4

Post by Frisbee » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi,
In Mediacoder build 5070 and some of the preceding releases, when tried to encode MPEG4 video (by default using FFMpeg as the encoder) in MP4 container, the resulting video was not displayed (only the WMP visualization was shown) in Windows Media Player with K-Lite Codec pack installed, though the audio played fine. The player however played a downloaded MP4 file with MPEG4 video. When the Mediainfo was checked, the encoded MP4 file had the difference in Track ID which was found to be in the format 101, 201 etc. This occurs for different video files, different audio formats. for 2-pass also and with other settings left to default.
Can you please give an explanation? Is the Track ID value relevent in playback of these files?

dasjournal
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Help: MPEG4 in MP4

Post by dasjournal » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:27 pm

The track ID is only relevant to video/audio splitters, in case there are multiple streams.

I cannot reproduce your issue, however. I use MC 5070 x64, on W7 x64, with K-Lite codec pack (standard).

What specifications does your source file have (e.g.: is it MPEG2, MP3, etc.)?
Last edited by dasjournal on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbee
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Help: MPEG4 in MP4

Post by Frisbee » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Thanks.
The problem was with the splitter. It was set to Haali by default. The video is alright when splitter option is set to Auto Select using Codec Tweak Tool.

The Track ID being set to 201, 101 seems to occur only with AAC audio (My earlier trials involved only LC-AAC, HE-AAC and not all audio were tried. Sorry for wrong information).
Why is the Track ID not set to 1, 2 etc.? Does it have something to do with MP4Box rather than Mediacoder?