2011-5050 Interface will not appear on monitor

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

seboyd2000
Amateur
Amateur

2011-5050 Interface will not appear on monitor

Post by seboyd2000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:21 am

Anyone having a problem with the Interface never showing up on the screen?

Well, I've always liked Mediacoder since I found it.
but since version .7xx came out it just wont work correctly any of my computers.

the last 3 versions included: MediaCoder 2011 (downloaded today, 2011.02.25)... will not show the INTERFACE on the monitor.
I would expect that when I start this program that it would show up on the monitor as soon as it has finished its startup procedures, but it doesnt. So I went down to the icon tray and right clicked the Mediacoder icon and chose (Show Interface), but still no interface.

I posted this same exact problem in this forum in the past when I tried the past 3 versions, getting the same results. But it seems u peeps think that I'm KooKoo and that this software doesnt have any issues because u basically blow me off every time I bring this problem up.

Ive tried all versions of mediacoder both 32 and 64 bit. I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, and I've done your suggestion of using the Un-Install software that you pointed me to in a past complaint of this same nature, but again it changes nothing as far as getting mediacoder to work. Mediacoder always worked great for me on this computer into the late v.6 versions, then the problems began, this problem.

I'm currently running an Acer laptop 1year old, and it has always performed perfectly with any software I throw at it..
win7 64bit sp1 - fully updated

---

- I downloaded the newest version (32bit) today, Installed it, and it installed without problems...

- I clicked the desktop icon to start Mediacoder 2011 - and program ran through the start up and ask me if I wanted to do a setup, I declined, then closed browser after startup had finished.

- I saw the new 2011 Mediacoder startup image in my browser and after the start up was over nothing was on the screen as far as a program, but the icon was in the icon tray. So I right clicked on it and selected (Show Interface), but get nothing... no actions, nothing showing in the browser.

- So I give up and select (exit) from the icon tray menu and the program shuts down...

- the end

** The above procedures and results have always been the same since I have began trying any v.7 version,
it never works, no Interface in the monitor...

I can make a video and post it to youtube if it will help.

---

thanks
b

dasjournal
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Interface will not appear on monitor, ever!

Post by dasjournal » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:54 am

Hi there, I'm sorry that you are having such trouble.

Could you check whether you have Visual Studio C++ 2008 SP1 installed? You should have both x32 and x64 versions.
Get them here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... layLang=en (x32)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... 7CFDFFEE4E (x64)

Once you have installed MediaCoder, and run the program, IE (or another default browser) will load. In this window, you should check the 'Skip this Page' option and then the 'Start Now' button.

By the way, it is recommended to use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall MediaCoder. Then you should restart your computer.

Edit: Spelling

seboyd2000
Amateur
Amateur

Re: 2011-5050 Interface will not appear on monitor

Post by seboyd2000 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:02 pm

me again,

well none of your above suggestions worked so I just gave up on mediacoder and uninstalled it.
well I dont know what the problem is with this interface not showing..
Yes, Visual Studio C++ 2008 SP1 is installed on my win7 sp1 O/S on all 4 computers

Update: --- Installed on a brand new laptop - same problem ---

now I just bought a brand new win7 laptop and installed mediacoder on it and no interface.

Downloaded and installed: MediaCoder2011-R3-5135.exe

The icon is in the tray, but its acting the same way, never shows an interface on the computer screen.
It cannot be both these new laptop computers... there has to be a flaw in this programs interface not showing up.

what about exporting the display output to my HDTV, would this do it?

It also did it on 2 of my desktops, and at that time I just uninstalled the program and gave up on it.
But now I think there cannot be so many faulty computers that will not show this programs interface on my screen.

---

What about known program conflicts... is there a list?
thats the only other thing that I think may be causing the (interface not showing) problem.

thanks

dasjournal
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dasjournal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:55 pm

I don't think there is a list.
If you provide a list of some regularly used software on your computer, we may be able to help you further.

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Post by meRobs » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:06 pm

As for having too many Apps on a PC, and of possible interference with MediaCoder, all I can say is that I have many Pgms installed, so many that the PC seems too sluggish and has a large startup time, yet I can't recall having had your problem. Although, I do have a 32-bit machine with XP.

One suggestion, though, as mentioned in Section 4 of viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8917&start=0, when you first see the Welcome screen, you MUST click the "Start Now" button halfway up the left side and before doing so, check "Skip this Page".
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

TCman888
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TCman888 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:25 am

Hi,

perhaps some antivirus or internet security software is preventing the newer Mediacoder builds from launching (a case of false positive?). What antivirus/internet security software are you using now?

seboyd2000
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seboyd2000 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:53 pm

I am currently using:

Microsoft Security Essentials

prior to that I always used

AVG

---

as for the prior post on too many programs... comments (post)

I didnt say anything about that, to many programs...
what I said was perhaps there is 1 program that is conflicting with MC...

---

the comment about the START PAGE comments (post),
so what you saying is theres a certain procedure everyone has to do on the start page otherwise the program will not work correctly?

I never had to do these steps when MC did work when I was using winXP
so you explanation seems odd, that there a certain step sequence that has to happen..

---

anyways I still cannot understand why MC wont work on all 4 of my computers
and it the same problem with all of them

no program interface on the screen, just an icon in the tray when its running

thanks

seboyd2000
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seboyd2000 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:17 am

ya Ive done all those things
I've done everything u peeps have suggested
Im tired of jumping through the hoops
I luv the program when it worked in winXp,
but it has never worked on any of 4 of my win7 computers...

just an icon no interface on all 4, same problem,

utorrent does the same thing (the interface will not show up on the monitor screen),
but at least it will load and download all torrents without me having to open & use the interface..

guess I will look for another converter...

thanks for the help tho..