Done (19) (message when conversion finishes)

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

gg4rest
Beginner
Beginner

Done (19) (message when conversion finishes)

Post by gg4rest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:43 am

I sometimes receive a "Done (19)" instead of "Done". The final file appears fine and plays fine but is truncated (ie didn't finish encoding).

I am batch transcoding my movies for my media player from movies I previously ripped using DVDFab. All the videos were ripped from DVD with the same DVDFab settings (generic.avi.divx.audiocopy, high quality, fixed bitrate, no split, everything else "same as source", no deinterlacing) but only certain movies present this Done (19) message.

Here are the details for an example. It has done this with videos with AC3 and 2 channel audio and various different AC3 audio bitrates.
MediaCoder 2011 RC1
Example Input Video: 720x404 DivX 1500kbps at 23.976 fps with 6 channel AC3 audio 384kbps 48kHz
Example Output Video: 320x176 XVid 505kbps at 23.976 fps with stereo mp3 112kbps 32kHz
The input video is 3:08:39 but the output video is 1:15:15.

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Re: Done (19) (message when conversion finishes)

Post by meRobs » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Error 19 is issued when 'it' thinks processing wasn't complete.
This seems to be judged by comparing the output duration with that indicated in the source file header.
Even a small difference will give Error 19, ie, "Done (19)".
It is often due to a faulty header in the source file, which I often get with FLV downloads.

Are you sure you have actually lost some material from the end?

It also looks as if you relied on DVDfab to encode the original VOB (IFO) files to DivX and, thus, added an extra conversion step and the possibility of quality loss and other errors.
If DVDfab chose to directly convert the VOBs there could be truncation and sync probelms (see Tips & Guides, below, on DVDs, etc).

It would be far better to directly convert the DVD disc content using MediaCoder's Add Track feature, which will access the IFO file instead.
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

gg4rest
Beginner
Beginner

Post by gg4rest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:45 am

The file is actually truncated (like about 30 minutes from the movie). I realize that I will lose some quality by transcoding but I've already ripped all my moves using DVDfab and I'm not about to take out each of my 250+ DVDs again and rip it for a PMP with a 3 inch screen. I won't notice the quality degradation on that size.

I tried reencoding all the Done (19) movies again disabling the sound and it gives me an Error (19) for that situation. When I disable to video and just encode the audio, it encodes fine. So the issue is with the video. I'll try some more experimentation on the weekend.

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Post by meRobs » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:47 pm

Sorry, I hadn't noticed the large loss in duration.
There are thus only three main issues, I guress.
(1) does the problem file play over its full duration in MPlayer (hit PLay button) or in a player like VLC or SMplayer?
(2) the build you are using (RC1) may have bugs that are affecting you -- see the Test Report (Tips & Guides blelow).
(3) try different video settings. Maybe try one of the suggestions in the Encoding guide -- just as a test.
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

gg4rest
Beginner
Beginner

Post by gg4rest » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Thanks. I'll go through these on the weekend to try and isolate the problem.

pingy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pingy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:47 am

(This thread is old but it was on top of Google when I searched for a solution to the same problem.)

I solved it by going to the "Video"-tab, I changed "Source" to "FFmpeg". It seems like MEncoder created the error for me. Previously it did only convert 75% of some videos, now it converts the whole video.

I hope this is helpful for someone. :)

MickinMD
Beginner
Beginner

Post by MickinMD » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:09 pm

I'm also just posting in case this applies:

I got a Done (19) on one of a batch of 1080p Anaglyph HSBS (mostly x264) videos I converted to 720p backups (sometimes my Win 10 laptop inexplicably freezes in 3D players while converting the 1080p videos into 3D versions).

But on examining it there's no apparent problem. It's exactly as long as the original and plays ok. Maybe there was a frame or so at the end that was dropped!

soonerk
Beginner
Beginner

Post by soonerk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:15 am

I just had the same problem with the 19 error on an encode from a MKV pass through with DVDFab. The problem was with DVDFab - it erroneously attached a title to the main one and it got everything out of sync. I ran the BD through MakeMkv and isolated the correct title and it all came through correctly and re- encoded fine .