New Edition (above 5730) does not Start Encoding

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

davey
Beginner
Beginner

New Edition (above 5730) does not Start Encoding

Post by davey » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:26 am

A while back somebody posted about this exact problem but I can't find that specific post.
This is the problem: After 6730, I upgraded to 5750 - no joy - I waited for 5755 - no joy - then today I installed 5757 - no surprise- same problem. I load videos(20 different ones - mkv, avi, mp4, flv, - the lot - one at a time and batches), press star and the program says preprocessing ..... I left it for an hour, 2 hours, the whole night but nothing happens - it does not give you a speed, eta or error. I can process a file - enabling 'copy video' and ask it to encode AAC to AC3(My player only do 5.1 with DTS or AC3) - no problem - but no straight encoding of a video with audio. I reset, change settings, flip it over and under - same result.

Then after patiently trying everything, I go back to ver 5730 - What a pleasure - Same settings - same files - encodes like a dream. I've been using Mediacoder for nigh on 8 years now and every time there is an update, I install the most current one - now I am stuck at 5730. I've been running it with XP, Win7 and now Win 8 with 4G memory( I dumped my Cuda enabled card as the later updates does not work faster with GPU enabled - I get the same speed with my built-in card. What am I doing wrong?
Am I the only one with this problem - as I can't find posts relating to newer editions?
My name is Dave and my email - geninno@mweb.co.za. Thanks if you're listening.........