Not working on 64-bit !!!

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Rebeldawg
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Not working on 64-bit !!!

Post by Rebeldawg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:44 am

For anyone who's having problems with Mediacoder NT saying your system doesn't support
cuda it isn't your system or the drivers as I had the same problem. I solved it by running it
as administrator by right clicking the icon and selecting run as administrator. I, myself, had
tried several different drivers when I ran into the problem and each one said the same thing
that's when I figured out about running it as an administrator and since then I hadn't run into
the problem again. I've stopped using it but just thought I'd offer up the tip to see if it helps
anyone else.

laurenalissa
Beginner
Beginner

Post by laurenalissa » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:02 am

The problem is that you're running the wrong application. There should be two shortcuts in that folder. Run the other one.

This also happened to me with a 32-bit system. I'm running this now on an i3 (64-bit) system with no problems.

sitevnic
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sitevnic » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:24 am

Hi!
MediaCoder NT CUDA version 1.0 tested on Windows XP 32 bit - Notebook with Core 2 Duo and GeForce GT 8600M - working perfect, but encoding speed was the same like standard MediaCoder on CPU.
MediaCoder NT CUDA version 1.0 tested on Windows 7 64 bit - not working. All the times I've got information - no CUDA device found or something similar.
I've tried to start program as Administrator - doesn't work at all. At System info panel no info about CPU and GPU. Then I've read last post and it is working, but...

Go to the standard instalation folder of MediaCoder NT CUDA (normally C:\Program files (x86)\MediaCOder NT CUDA)
Inside of this folder you can find MediacoderNT.exe.
Start this program, you will see splash screen with information about MediaCoder ver. 1.00 and when you chose System info panel, then you will find information about CPU and GPU. (note: maybe you have to start this MediacoderNT.exe as a Administrator...)

Testing on Asus G51JX with Intel Core I5 M520 and GeForce GTS 360M:
Transcoding with MediaCoder x64 version on CPU - approx. 60 FPS
Transcoding with MediaCOderNT CUDA on GPU - approx. 190 FPS.

Casper42
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Casper42 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:31 am

I am having similar problems here.

Windows 7 Pro x64
Intel Core2 Q9550 @ Stock Speed
GTX 470 with 260.99 drivers
System Info panel inside ME NT does have information and it all appears to be correct.

I only heard about MediaEncoder today so I assume I have the latest version (MediaCoderNT-CUDA-1.0-20100720.exe)

I tried running as Administrator and it didn't help.

If anyone figures this out or has some advice, please let me know as I would love to see this in action.

-Casper42

Casper42
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Casper42 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:52 am

mixer wrote:When you ran it as Admin, did you right click on the icon or program and select "Run as Administrator" ?
What exactly are your problems? Have you installed the latest version?
I right clicked on the shortcut on my desktop which points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaCoder NT CUDA\MediacoderNT.exe"
I made sure the Tray icon (background process) was not already running.

My problem is that when I run Media Encoder NT, I am told "CUDA is not supported on current system. Please download and use non-CUDA version."

As far as using the latest version, I posted that in my last comment.
I only downloaded this for the first time yesterday so I assume I have the latest.
I posted the version as well which seems to be build 720

If there is something ELSE I should be running as Admin or a newer build somewhere, please let me know and I would be happy to try those out.

-Casper42

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:10 am

This product is on hold at the moment due to lack of man power. This product is not maintained by me alone.
When things work together, things work.