Command line slower than classic one???

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

chernals
Beginner
Beginner

Command line slower than classic one???

Post by chernals » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Hello,

I am evaluating Mediacoder, we made a set of tests by tranforming various kinds of video format in F4V. It works well but we found a quite large diffrence of rapidity between the windows version and the command line version. For the same file it can take more than 5 times more time with the command line version than with the windows version!!!

Do you have any idea from where this is coming?

Since we are planning, may be, to buy the command line version, i would like to know what is really the diffrence between the complete command line version and the one dedicated to flash? Why these two versions have the same price? The first one can also convert in f4V? I am wrong?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Christian.

greener
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Command line slower than classic one???

Post by greener » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:41 am

Hi,
I am also evaluating the CLI version and this is a HUGE issue if true really speaks to the core functionality (or dis-functionality) of the product.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?? Also does anyone have any idea if the version running on LInux (wine) would be slower than the windows server versions??

thanks!!

rg

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Command line slower than classic one???

Post by stanley » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:30 pm

The CLI version shares the same transcoding core as the GUI version. Due to some difference in the default settings, they may have different performance. But once you load a preset saved in the GUI into CLI, it should perform the same.
When things work together, things work.