MediaCoder command line edition shares the same base of MediaCoder. Basically, it's transcoding settings are configured with a preset file created wth MediaCoder or obtained somewhere else. In other word, it covers all the transcoding features of MediaCoder GUI version. As a command line program, it can be invoked by another program. This is an easy way for either an application or a back-end server program to obtain media transcoding features with least modifications. The command line version can be easily configured with a preset file created by MediaCoder GUI version, as well as by specifying parameters through command line options.
Command Line Syntax
mc.exe [-preset <preset file>] [-key <parameter key>] [-value <value of the specified key>] [-outfile <output file name>] [-outdir <output folder>] <input file>
- -preset: This specifies the preset file to load which configures the transcoding engine. The preset file can be created with MediaCoder or written from scratch.
- -key/-value: A pair of key and value parameter, followed by two strings, alters the value of a parameter key of the transcoding engine upon the default value. Multiple key/value pairs can be specified to alter several keys.
- -outfile: This specifies the path of the output file.
- -outdir: This specifies the folder where the output file is to be stored. The file name will be generated automatically. If outfile is specified, this parameter has no effect.
- Path to the input file must be specified. If the path, as well as value of the specified parameter key, contains white space, double quotation marks should be present.
You can download a copy of the command line version for evaluation purpose. The evaluation version only encodes up to 2 minutes of source material. You can find several preset files in the package. Of course, you can use any preset file created with MediaCoder.
Please visit this page for details of purchasing.