MP3Pro files in the 7.2.4540

Discussion about AudioCoder
leoliver
Amateur
Amateur

MP3Pro files in the 7.2.4540

Post by leoliver » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 am

I recently installed the latest version of MediaCoder Audio Edition on my Win XP Pro computer.
When I attempted to encode a MP3 Pro audio file to .M4a , I received a error message that a decoder failed/not-installed.
I then discovered that there wasn't a plug-in directory in MediaCoder Audio Edition program file. In older versions , there was the Winamp/Thompson Mp3 Pro decoder , which i could use for MP3Pro files.
So I would like to ask , if possible, how to configure version # 7.2.4540 to decode/play Mp3Pro files?
THANKS!
Your Friend,
Larry

leoliver
Amateur
Amateur

Re: MP3Pro files in the 7.2.4540

Post by leoliver » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Never mind my request for help trans-coding with MP3Pro files. I downloaded the MP3 Pro plug-in , from the Winamp web-site.
I then created a new plug-in directory, in my MediaCoder Audio edition program files , and put the "mp3PRODecoder.exe" in the new directory. I then changed the advance settings to read from the new plug-in folder for Winamp plug ins. I then copied the "in_mp3PRO.dll" , from a older MediaCoder Full Edition , to my newly created Audio Edition plug-in folder and I was then able to trans-code a older Mp3Pro file into a .M4A file.
Although I was able to Trans-code MP3Pro files, I still can't seem to get MediaCoder Audio edition to play them back yet.
But trans-coding was the big issue.
Also, I updated MediaCoder Audio edition's older neroAacEnc.exe 1.3.3.0 codec with the new Nero neroAacEnc.exe 1.5.3.0 codec. And I also added the new neroAacDec.exe 1.5.1.0 to the same codec folder, and I added the new neroAacTag.exe 1.5.1.0 to the Tools folder. I think that's where the neroAacTag.exe should be placed.
All the new Nero Codecs worked fine with MediaCoder Audio edition. The neroAacTag.exe transfered all tags, expect cover art, which I believe Nero said it's supposed to do.
leoliver wrote:I recently installed the latest version of MediaCoder Audio Edition on my Win XP Pro computer.
When I attempted to encode a MP3 Pro audio file to .M4a , I received a error message that a decoder failed/not-installed.
I then discovered that there wasn't a plug-in directory in MediaCoder Audio Edition program file. In older versions , there was the Winamp/Thompson Mp3 Pro decoder , which i could use for MP3Pro files.
So I would like to ask , if possible, how to configure version # 7.2.4540 to decode/play Mp3Pro files?
THANKS!
Your Friend,
Larry

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MP3Pro files in the 7.2.4540

Post by stanley » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:52 pm

You are right, MP3PRO files can be decode through winamp plugin in MediaCoder but the playback is actually performed by MPlayer which is not aware of MP3Pro extensions and just play them as MP3 files without SBR.
When things work together, things work.