Trouble with batch job (7.2.4540 batch limit ?)

Discussion about AudioCoder
rmny
Beginner
Beginner

Trouble with batch job (7.2.4540 batch limit ?)

Post by rmny » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:08 am

Hi, I just downloaded Audio Edition yesterday (0.7.2.4540) and love it! It's very powerful and its batch processing creates higher quality ogg encodings than other programs I have tried.

However, I am having serious trouble with limits on the batch jobs.

Once I received a popup that said "You cannot do more than 99 encodings at once", I can now no longer add files via the "Add Folder Recursively" command. It was working fine on smaller jobs, but once I tried adding 200 OGG files and got the 99 popup, "Add Fold Recursively" doesn't work anymore, no matter how many files I try to add (even three!). I cleared the queue each time before adding new files.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the program next, and the same thing happened. Worked fine until I hit the "99 Encodings" popup. Nothing is added to the queue. Not even if I try adding a folder structure with three files.

Now I tried dragging and dropping my 200 OGG files directly, and that is working fine! So I'm relieved - I thought the program had a limit on 99 encodings for ALL TIME.

So I understand this program is free, and there is a commercial edition, but it seems that even the free edition is not working as designed? I'm not sure - a little confused on what I can and cannot do with it.

Also please understand that I'm just using this program for personal use, doing a conversion job I will probably never need to do again (or maybe once a year or two at most). I could never justify spending $200 to $400 on any of the commercial versions, so I hope there is a way for me to encode my files with the free version! The software converts my OGGs wonderfully.

Many thanks for any help on this issue!