hope got right version looking for lossless recording

Discussion about AudioCoder
rusty1444
Beginner
Beginner

hope got right version looking for lossless recording

Post by rusty1444 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:41 pm

I downloaded one version it looked pretty complicated I saw that it had a FLAC button but on the other side it hade a slide bar asking how much compression I needed . seems like a contridiction. maybe there is a simple one to use. I just want to rip cd's onto a very large drive in a lossless format. If anyone could give me the version or the link for this I sure would appreciate it. If mediacoder isnt the asnwer could someone suggest another. thanks!!!!!!

rusty1444
Beginner
Beginner

Re: hope got right version looking for lossless recording

Post by rusty1444 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:18 am

So there is no way to get pure CD sound from a computer except with wav files? What about EAC and FLAC formats arnt they lossless? I have a 2 terabyte ex HD and wanted to archive some old cds I dont think you can find anymore. I was going to get a usb/dac sound card to run it into my main stereo. its a mid 70's marantz 1250 125/chan with some pioneer cs99a speakers. It has a good sound would just like to put the cds on the HD.

if not poss just a way to archive them would work too... set them away in some file where they could be burned later. I have nero I wonder if they have something like that....?

does anyone have any ideas ? have I even posted this in the right section?

thanks!!!!!! 8)