iTunes Protected AAC (*.m4p) to AAC?

Discussion about AudioCoder
Optimus Prime
Beginner
Beginner

iTunes Protected AAC (*.m4p) to AAC?

Postby Optimus Prime » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:19 am

Hi, I'm trying to "unprotect" iTunes files so I can put them on my PSP. If anyone has any helpful ideas, PM me.
Thanx!!!
mixer
Expert
Expert

Postby mixer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:46 am

mixer
Expert
Expert

Postby mixer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:54 pm

You asked: "..... is it at all possible to to keep them as AAC files?"

In order to eliminate the DRM/copy protection you have to burn the ITunes to an audio CD first. This creates a set of audio files that are recorded onto the CD as "Redbook" standard. This standard is basically lossless with very little compression with 16bit, 44.100 khz sampling......the same as a store bought audio cd. These files have the audio cd extension of "CDA".

Once you've got them on the audio CD, then you can convert them to whatever new audio format you wish using MediaCoder or whatever. Obviously, MP3 is compressed with loss, but you could instead convert to AAC with less (but some) loss depending on your encode settings.

Of course, you'll still have the audio CD as a master.
AndrewReal
Beginner
Beginner

Re: iTunes Protected AAC (*.m4p) to AAC?

Postby AndrewReal » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Recently I have the come across the question too. And I found a guide on Google which shows how to convert protected M4P to unprotected AAC files. You can read this post too from below link and try to solve your problem:http://www.convertanymusic.com/tutorials/convert-m4p-to-m4a.html

Return to “AudioCoder”