WMA file conversion

Discussion about AudioCoder
simbaking3
Beginner
Beginner

WMA file conversion

Post by simbaking3 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:01 am

I've successfully converted my flac files to 256 mp3 for daily use, but I now want to convert those mp3's to a smaller wma (grr...) format so I can play them on my windows mobile phone.

When I try the VBR by bitrate option set to 96kbps, I get a whole bunch of files sized 4kb with 0:00 duration. That seemed to be the case for all of the VBR by bitrate options. When I try CBR stereo at 128k & 44Mhrz, I get 8kbps output instead (far smaller than I wanted). And when I try VBR by 50 quality, I almost always get 300 something kbps output (larger than the 256k mp3 original).

I kind of don't know what to do with this now. Do I have some setting tweaked that is thowing all these other settings out of whack?

All help would be welcome.
Freedom

MeccaKing
Beginner
Beginner

Post by MeccaKing » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:52 am

I saw your message and thought I would try and figure out your question. I dont use wma or wmv cause I hate them, so needless to say I was a virgin to this file type using this particular program. All I get is errors with media coder and the windows media codecs. I couldnt even get one successfull encode. I'm using windows vista 32bit in case your wondering. Sorry bud but your going to have to keep looking for that elusive answer!

**** Microsoft!
Mecca's Free File Hosting 4 Everyone At http://www.canadianempire.net

Enjoy! ;)-~