Error 017 - Unable to identify input file

Discussion about AudioCoder
rmadd101
Beginner
Beginner

Error 017 - Unable to identify input file

Post by rmadd101 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:42 am

List of error codes is fairly vague on what this means. The file I'm attempting to input is physically located on a hard drive in my computer, and the program allows me to select it. What else does it need to do to identify it?

Some background... I started out using 0.8.29 around Jan 2015 (Win 7 ultimate), everything worked fine for quite some time. Just within the past few days, I'd try to convert files (generally, FLAC, or mp3's encoded @ 320 kbps, converted to v0 mp3's), and whether I was trying to do sixty or five at once, regardless of the source material, AudioCoder would freeze & Windows would shut it down.
So I downloaded the latest version today, 0.8.46 build 5866, & completely uninstalled the old version I had, installed the new one. I realize this would delete my various custom settings, but it seemed like a simple enough fix.
So far, in messing around w/ the settings in the fresh install, I switched the encoder to LAME MP3 & the output to V0 VBR, & I think that's about it...

For whatever it's worth, the line between the settings & News/Updates/Products/Blog/Forum row reads as follows:
lame.exe --vbr-new -V 0 -b -B -q 2 --noreplaygain --add-id3v2 --resample $(SampleRate) -r -s $(SampleRate) --quiet - "$(DestFileAudio)"

heha64
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Error 017 - Unable to identify input file

Post by heha64 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:20 am

I have the same problem. The current version of AudioCoder can't read FLAC-files and error 017 occurs frequently.
Any idea for a solution?

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:55 am

Should be able to identify FLAC. Is it corrupted?
When things work together, things work.

flagpole
Modest
Modest

Post by flagpole » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:10 pm

It can definitely identify FLAC.

A problem might be that it takes a while to run it through mediainfo if you don't have an ssd.

I get round this by highlighting every file before running the transcode.
my quant puzzles http://puzzles.nigelcoldwell.co.uk go look :)