AudioCoder 5135 is FAST !!

Discussion about AudioCoder
ysbinns
Amateur
Amateur

AudioCoder 5135 is FAST !!

Post by ysbinns » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:51 am

I just wanted to let everyone know that AudioCoder is definitely a fast encoder. My media player prefers LC-AAC 2ch audio. It does not like AC-3 6ch audio. So I transcode a lot of audio into LC-AAC 2ch audio with increased audio gain. I use the Nero Encoder for this. I have used several audio encoders, even the older MediaCoder Audio Edition 4700. All these encoders would take 1-2 hours to transcode a movie into LC-AAC 2ch. A very time consuming task.

I decided to try the new AudioCoder 5135 because it was claimed to be fast. My very first attempt only took 4 minutes !! And the audio file created by the Nero Encoder sounded just fine, and my media player loved it !!

I have now transcoded about 75 files. Most were AC-3 6ch. The time to finish was between 3-7 minutes. Only 1 file gave me problems. The resulting sound was extremely loud and highly distorted. I used one of my old transcoders and patiently waited the hour for it to be finished. Oh well...

Good job !!!!

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AudioCoder 5135 is FAST !!

Post by stanley » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:15 am

Glad to hear about that.
Did you enable parallel tasking?
When things work together, things work.

ysbinns
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ysbinns » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Yes I have the parallel tasks set to 4. A single task took just over 4 minutes. All 4 tasks in parallel took just over 11 minutes. So it was more effecient with the parallel tasks and I saved about 5 minutes.

I've have used the + and - audio gain, output formatting and the time fuctions. I realize that I use only Nero Encoder LC-AAC 2 ch and none of the other possibilities but that is what I need. All has worked well !!

criticalmass
Beginner
Beginner

Post by criticalmass » Sun May 15, 2011 11:57 pm

I cant even get it to work, it says an xv id codec is missing try reinstalling.
Do you really need that codec to do a simple conversion of a wma file to mp3?

ysbinns
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ysbinns » Fri May 20, 2011 11:24 am

I had the same problem when I installed it on my laptop very recently. I had also installed MediaCoder on the laptop too. I fixed the problem by going into the codec folder of MediaCoder, copy the missing xvid file, and pasting it into the codec folder of AudioCoder. Then it ran.

criticalmass
Beginner
Beginner

Post by criticalmass » Sat May 21, 2011 6:55 pm

ysbinns wrote:I had the same problem when I installed it on my laptop very recently. I had also installed MediaCoder on the laptop too. I fixed the problem by going into the codec folder of MediaCoder, copy the missing xvid file, and pasting it into the codec folder of AudioCoder. Then it ran.
Just checked my mediacoder codecs folder and I don't even have an xvid codec.

ysbinns
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ysbinns » Sun May 22, 2011 2:56 am

Was the missing file named xvidcore.dll? Not sure but I think it was. I just checked my MediaCoder 4740 and 5153 folders and that file is there. But interesting, I don't have it in my AudioCoder 5135 and 5150 folders. I'll have to get out my laptop and see what's there.

ysbinns
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ysbinns » Sun May 22, 2011 1:21 pm

I've done some checking on my desktop installation. The file that is missing is called xvidcore.dll. I do not have that in my AudioCoder 5135 codec folder or in my 5150 codec folder. Yet the program works. I also discovered that I have an Xvid folder in my program files. This is an installation of the 1.2.2 Xvid codecs from the Xvid Team. I was required to install it for a different video file converter.

So thinking that I may have incompatability issues with this program I uninstalled it. Then I ran the AudioCoder programs. Neither one worked. It told me I was missing the xvidcore.dll component. So that xvid 1.2.2 installation was interferring with the AudioCoder installations.

I then uninstalled all my AudioCoder and MediaCoder versions and rebooted my machine. Then I reinstalled AudioCoder 5150 and MediaCoder 5153. AudioCoder did not work. There is a xvidcore.dll in the MediaCoder installation. I copied this file to the AudioCoder codec folder. Then AudiCoder worked. But it worked differently than before. Some things don't work now that did work before.

I will have to do more testing.......