overview on x264 parameters

Share with other users your experience in using MediaCoder.
boardersparadise
Modest
Modest

overview on x264 parameters

Post by boardersparadise » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:41 am

Here is a spreadsheet overview on the various x264 parameters, which I created based on all the helpful links AnonCrow kindly provided in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3669

The spreadsheet proved very helpful to me and therefore I wanted to share it with you.
Kind regards.

(PS: I'm all new to this, so although I mainly used third party info "as is", don't expect it to be exempt from errors. If you find any, please let me know or you can post an updated version.)

AnonCrow
Modest
Modest

Re: overview on x264 parameters

Post by AnonCrow » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Needs a bit of re-editing after one uploads to Google Docs to make it more easily available for a general audience (and possibly editing my multiple people)
x264 build 1510 was released quite recently , it was build 1509 actually that introduced a new preset 'superfast' , which also changes the settings in some other faster presets ( so download a new build from x264.nl and re-check x264 --fullhelp ); since Google Docs supports multiple revisions, can keep the current one as the x264 1471 help.
After uploading it to Google Docs (or any web-office cloud you prefer that works) and you post a link to it in the doom10.org (the official home of x264 ) , I'm sure you'd get some more pointers.