Error-2041 Fixed (invalid sample description)

Share with other users your experience in using MediaCoder.
Camper
Beginner
Beginner

Error-2041 Fixed (invalid sample description)

Post by Camper » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:51 pm

I had the Error-2041 invalid sample description problem and searched all over this board and the rest of the internet. I had just given up on MediaCoder and decided to use Videora ipod converter just for kicks to see if would output a working file. I already had Videora installed. The first file I ran through Videora worked but was 5 times the size of the original file. I wanted to see what the difference was between the file Videora output and the files I was getting with MediaCoder. I opened the Videora file with MediaCoder to see what the properties of the working file were. I also opened the non-working MediaCoder file and saw the differences were with video bitrate and frame rate and audio encoder. I changed the video settings to match what the working file had and re-encoded my original file. It didn't work either. I changed the audio from mp3 to mpeg-4 AAC LC with the FAAC encoder and the output file plays in Quicktime without a hitch. And it was the same size as my original file.

I hope this helps those of you that have the same problem I had.

Now I can easily convert my videos to work on my touch and play in windows. Thanks.

xfactornos
Beginner
Beginner

Post by xfactornos » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:09 am

Thanks so much. I had this same problem and was about to give up. I found your solution and tried it and it worked.

Thanks again.

slightlines
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks, Camper!

Post by slightlines » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:37 pm

Thanks, Camper!
I encountered that error first rattle outta th' box.
It does work and my converts are readily accepted and played by QT.
I figured that there must be some way other than adding codecs to my machine.
After all, mp4s are native to QT.
Thanks again,
Jerry.

PS: I'm off to find the "welcome" forum.