PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

Share with other users your experience in using MediaCoder.
stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

Post by stanley » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:52 am

I must say MediaCoder is not a software fit for everyone. It is best for those who at lease knows how to do transcoding via command lines, those who knows the meaning of most of the terms in audio/video field, those who can read (some of) source code of a software and can figure what is a bug and what is a limitation.
MediaCoder relies on lots of open source software, and I build these underlying softwares from their latest source code getting from their CVS/SVN (and sometimes do some patches on them), because I like new and cutting-edge functions. However, newest is not always the best. These software may have bugs. In this case, users will feel MediaCoder does something wrong and the author is not responsible to have released something not able to work normally.
I'm trying to make MediaCoder fit for every one by adding the device plug-ins, but this will simply increase my work load (to implement many plug-ins).
Please understand my place. I do want to make it a real swiss army knife of audio/video transcoding, because I'm interested in this and want to make something cool and useful. But, I'm a full-time software engineer and can only use my free time to do development and bugfix for the software. I've done all that I can do.
I will go on with the development as long as I can still think of something to be done and to be fixed. I hope everyone can have enough latitude and understanding. That's what I expect for most.
Finally, sorry for not being able to answer the questions here one by one.
Last edited by stanley on Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Prodoc
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prodoc » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:31 pm

I understand completely and I would like to thank you again for all the effort you have been and are putting in this great application. Like I said before, this program has a lot of potential and I can only hope that more developers deside to help you out in improving the program even more.

Thank you and keep up the good work (taking your time)!

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:49 pm

Thank you for your words. Being understood is a very good feeling. That will simply give me a better mood to work.

Praco
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Praco » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:56 pm

As a newbie to this stuff, my first response to your program is that it is the best that I have come across. I conceed that whilst it appears very flexible, it also appears very complex and not for beginners. Thanks for the obvious intense efforts in producing and supporting the valuable package. I only hope that I will be able to shape up and learn about all the complexities, so that I can use it to full advantage.

rambutan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by rambutan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:31 pm

Thank you for this software which makes it possible for me to watch my rm or rmvb files on TV! Now I am learning to convert the asf and wmv files too so that they can play on my Philips DVD.

woodyman
Beginner
Beginner

Post by woodyman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:59 pm

Totally new juz register but having using & testing since MediaCoder-0.5.0-r2. It has been great improvement in terms of stability, bugs and interface (latest ver). Really well done and very impressive! Keep up all your good work, and I have been trying to create 3gp to load up into sony ericsson mobile. My best compression for a 30 mins length video less than 12MB. Excellent software!!!

Happycamper847
Beginner
Beginner

NICE program. Keep up the Great Work!

Post by Happycamper847 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:11 pm

I have to say that this is the best audio/video encoding software out there. I have recently taken an interest in media processing, thus are becoming familiar with several packages. IMHO, this one is the best. Not only it is free, it easy to use and support a vast array of xformation to various media devices. Keep up the good works Stanley!

Post by guest » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:54 am

Hi. I'm from Norway and want to convert music and movies. I tried to convert some files but. When the transcording was complete the program had deleated my old files that I tried to convert. Please help me I can't find the old files anymore on my computer :cry: all I wanted was to change codec. Where do the completed files go ? :( thanks for any help I get :!:

Post by guest » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:07 am

This package obviously took a lot of work, and evidently does some things that are appreciated by many people. However, so many open source projects have a disclaimer similar to "this software is not for everybody..." I get the impression that open source is primarily for developers, which is understandable if one understands the meaning of "open source," but is annoying to end users who want simply to accomplish a goal -- admittedly with minimum fuss and effort. Could someone on the Forums please write a simple and to the point set of instructions -- including a glossary of relevant terms -- for potential users?

Once again, I appreciate the amount of work that has gone into this project and what seems to be a great reputation among advanced users. I hope that you will not misunderstand my constructive criticism as an unappreciative salm at the dedication of the developers and the MadiaCoder community of users.

Tim Nichols

Shinichirou
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Shinichirou » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:04 pm

Hey Stenley.

Just registerded and wanted to express my gratititude for your hard work. Your program is simply the No.1 out there.
Problem is that im such a noob on this sphere and have a lot of trouble dealing with it. But i hope someone here could help me...

But anyways, thank you once again!