How convert Flac to mp3?

Share with other users your experience in using MediaCoder.
dfregenal
Beginner
Beginner

How convert Flac to mp3?

Post by dfregenal » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:45 am

I have a lot of songs in flac format but I can't listen those in my player. How I must do to convert those songs to mp3 format?

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry! my english is not so good

dott
Modest
Modest

Post by dott » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:31 am

Primero: menu ArchivoAñadir archivo(o Añadir carpeta si querés convertir una carpeta completa)→seleccionas el archivo o carpeta que corresponda.
Segundo: En la pestaña Salida seleccionas la Carpeta de salida donde van a quedar los nuevos archivos → en la pestaña Audio seleccionas LAME MP3 como Codificador y en el cuadro de la derecha seleccionas el modo (CBR, Abr o VBR) y el Bitrate o calidad → en la pestaña Video deseleccionas Activar Video → [Start].

cheesebubble
Beginner
Beginner

Post by cheesebubble » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:19 pm

I've been having the same problem. I've fiddled with various MediaCoder settings but can't overcome the issue.

I have a folder of FLAC files that I encoder to LAME MP3. When I transcode, it's done very quickly and the output files are small. They're either 1 or 0 seconds when I try to play them. Meanwhile, the original FLAC files work. I can listen to them all just fine.

Am I overlooking something simple? Is this some sort of bug?

cheesebubble
Beginner
Beginner

Resolved: How convert Flac to mp3?

Post by cheesebubble » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:31 pm

Problem solved. On another thread, I was advised to set the Audio tab's "source" to "MPlayer." After doing that, I was able to convert my Flac files to Lame MP3.

viewtopic.php?t=3541&start=0&postdays=0 ... highlight=

andrewjfs
Beginner
Beginner

Re: How convert Flac to mp3?

Post by andrewjfs » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:18 am

For example if the source is at a rate (sample) 96000, then resample is necessary. The range of rates is limited to 48000 maximum. A song 96000 FLAC converted to source MPlayer, encoded mp3, 'resample' original. The result audio was low and slow. After I switched resample to 48000 the audio is as I want it.

Andrew