MediaCoder on Linux with Wine Howto

Share with other users your experience in using MediaCoder.
B!ink
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:08 am

Post by B!ink » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:18 pm

:P

matthaeus123
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:17 am

Post by matthaeus123 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:16 am

Media Coder won't work with WINE anymore. The last couple of versions of Media Coder won't convert anything.

User avatar
thibeaz
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 2:17 am

Post by thibeaz » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:36 pm

matthaeus123 wrote:Media Coder won't work with WINE anymore. The last couple of versions of Media Coder won't convert anything.
Funny it still works for me. you just need to read the wiki and you'll see that you need some files for it to run correctly

User avatar
SaltwaterC
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Romania
Contact:

Post by SaltwaterC » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:31 pm

Mac OS X confirmation coming right up (the required post in order to post links, o_O) ...
Open my eyes, saltwater rain ...

Mon1018
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Contact:

Post by Mon1018 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:27 pm

Yes good point. .very nice entry.

foxbow
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 6:11 pm

Stick to 4045

Post by foxbow » Tue May 06, 2008 6:14 pm

I have noticed that it's better to stick to the 4045 version. The mplayer/mencoder in the current 41xx claims to have Difficulties with the CPU autodetect and crashes with an illegal instruction.

As seen on a Dell600m/PIII/600

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4109
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by stanley » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Just did some improvements for running under Wine.
http://blog.mediacoderhq.com/mediacoder ... ine-linux/
When things work together, things work.

User avatar
DioXide
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:31 pm
Location: Juarez, Mexico

Post by DioXide » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:06 pm

Done yesterday?

****...
I just registered for the only purpose of asking someone who can (that "no anonymous edits, no new users" pretty much defeats the purpose of having a wiki) to mod the part of the wiki that suggests to make a symlink to the Linux Firefox...
That guy is making a link to /usr/local/bin and then pointing MediaCoder to that.

The correct way is, instead of making the link at /local/bin, making it at WINE's unit_c/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe, so that MediaCoder gets it right without having to ask for it...

You only have to change a part of a command that you will do anyway, you might as well save one step...

But pretty useless now, I guess :wink:

Edit: **** censoration... (Yeah I just made up that word)
Audio producer? Check out Ubuntu Studio or Studio64, much better than the Mac/Windows BS...
Really, you don't know what you're missing out until you see it

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4109
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by stanley » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:41 am

The spam on the wiki is really out of control and I can't upgrade the wiki to a newer version due to database issue of SourceForge hosting.
I will turn on new user reg for several days to let some people (possibly many more bots) create accounts.
When things work together, things work.

C-yril
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:36 am

Post by C-yril » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:51 am

Hi,

I had a strange case while using medacoder with wine/Ubuntu.
I don't know why, I select hide interface from the top icon ... and of course the main windows disappeared. Only the console log and the encoding frame was seen.
Then I tried to put back the interface and no main windows appear back.
I try to close mediacoder, uninstall it (from wine shortcut) and re-install it. but it was still starting without the main windows.

I look at the "virtual" windows directory and found 3 XML files in this directory, that was not deleted after the uninstallation: .wine/dosdevice/c:/windows/profiles/user/application data/broad intelligence/mediacoder/
prefs.xml
queue.xml
rss.xm

l manually deleted theses files ( and keep a copy of the queue) and re-install mediacoder.

Now, it working fine again.

I just hope it'll help somebody.
Cyril

Post Reply