MediaCoder with PDA's

Share with other users your experience in using MediaCoder.
nova_seph
Beginner
Beginner

MediaCoder with PDA's

Post by nova_seph » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:30 am

Hi!
I haven't seen that anyone here has posted anything about other devices such as PDA's so i'm willing to start by giving my settings out:

Audio
Lame MP3
44100 Hz @ 128 Kbps CBR(or 4 VBR) (or same as original file if lower than these settings)
Algorithm Quality: 0 (best)
Channel: Auto

Video:
Divx3 @ 320 Kbps 2-pass
Bitrate Control: Adjust by analisys

Container:
AVI

Picture:
Resize Video: I actually made a small Basic script which calculates an optimum (proportional) target resolution to fit best on my Tungsten E2 (320x320 screen). So it's your choice ;)

Crop: NO
Rotation: NO
Frame Rate: Original
The rest: Disabled

Time: Empty

Texts:
Transfer Tags: Checked (though i don't know what that is for xD )
Subtitles: I tried once, but they were just TOO BIG and i don't know how to fix that...(HELP!!!)
The rest: empty

Done. Just push play on your Palm and you're done. BTW i use TCPMP (Free!) for playing videos on my Palm. The result quality is EXCELLENT, when viewed on the device and also excellent when seen on PC (with NO stretching!! otherwise it's awful...)

This works for me good, but there's just another problem (besides the subtitles thing): Audio is not in sync with video (I get around that by configuring the A/V Sync opt in TCPMP to -250ms, then it's perfect) ....someone HELP please??

Feature Request: Subtitle Font size.....and position.....please¿?

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:52 am

Thanks for your contribution. :wink:

tomzx
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tomzx » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:03 pm

if audio/video is not in sync, reduce your video rate (lower than 320).

I have a Palm TX and had sync problems with some videos, I reduced the bitrating and video were in sync.

This is generally caused by the fact that your ppc processor is slower than your computer so when viewed on computer it's okay but when on ppc it's out of sync.

ArnoutV
Beginner
Beginner

Re: MediaCoder with PDA's

Post by ArnoutV » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:48 am

nova_seph wrote:Subtitles: I tried once, but they were just TOO BIG and i don't know how to fix that...(HELP!!!)
Feature Request: Subtitle Font size.....and position.....please¿?
Check this thread:
http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/forum ... .php?t=486